Tuesday, March 30, 2010

My Thoughts Today

Here is the Gospel for today. Please read through when I did I found myself asking exactly who am I. Am I like Judas? Am I a person who constantly betrays Jesus by allowing other things to come to me and put Jesus aside from my life? Or am I like Peter and deny Jesus in my life?
I think there is both in many of us. As much as we do not wish to acknowledge this fact because after all we are all saints! Sad but true just think about how we live our daily lives and how many times instead of turning towards Jesus we instead refuse him or basically just give him up for a small secular reward.
In this Holy Week we should really reflect where we are with Jesus in our lives. Please forgive me Jesus for turning away from you for rejecting you for betraying your love!


Gospel - Jn 13:21-33, 36-38

21. When Jesus had said these things, he was troubled in spirit. And he bore witness by saying: “Amen, amen, I say to you, that one among you shall betray me.”
22. Therefore, the disciples looked around at one another, uncertain about whom he spoke.
23. And leaning against the bosom of Jesus was one of his disciples, the one whom Jesus loved.
24. Therefore, Simon Peter motioned to this one and said to him, “Who is it that he is speaking about?”
25. And so, leaning against the chest of Jesus, he said to him, “Lord, who is it?”
26. Jesus responded, “It is he to whom I shall extend the dipped bread.” And when he had dipped the bread, he gave it to Judas Iscariot, son of Simon.
27. And after the morsel, Satan entered into him. And Jesus said to him, “What you are going to do, do quickly.”
28. Now none of those sitting at table knew why he had said this to him.
29. For some were thinking that, because Judas held the purse, that Jesus had told him, “Buy those things which are needed by us for the feast day,” or that he might give something to the needy.
30. Therefore, having accepted the morsel, he went out immediately. And it was night.
31. Then, when he had gone out, Jesus said: “Now the Son of man has been glorified, and God has been glorified in him.
32. If God has been glorified in him, then God will also glorify him in himself, and he will glorify him without delay.
33. Little sons, for a brief while, I am with you. You shall seek me, and just as I said to the Jews, ‘Where I am going, you are not able to go,’ so also I say to you now.
36. Simon Peter said to him, “Lord, where are you going?” Jesus responded: “Where I am going, you are not able to follow me now. But you shall follow afterward.”
37. Peter said to him: “Why am I unable to follow you now? I will lay down my life for you!”
38. Jesus answered him: “You will lay down your life for me? Amen, amen, I say to you, the rooster will not crow, until you deny me three times.”

No comments:

Post a Comment