Sunday, February 12, 2012

Sixth Sunday in Ordinary Time


Book of Leviticus 13:1-2.44-46.


The LORD said to Moses and Aaron, "If someone has on his skin a scab or pustule or blotch which appears to be the sore of leprosy, he shall be brought to Aaron, the priest, or to one of the priests among his descendants, the man is leprous and unclean, and the priest shall declare him unclean by reason of the sore on his head. The one who bears the sore of leprosy shall keep his garments rent and his head bare, and shall muffle his beard; he shall cry out, 'Unclean, unclean!' As long as the sore is on him he shall declare himself unclean, since he is in fact unclean. He shall dwell apart, making his abode outside the camp.





Psalms 32(31):1-2.5.11.



Of David. A maskil.

Happy the sinner whose fault is removed,

whose sin is forgiven.

Happy those to whom the LORD imputes no guilt,

in whose spirit is no deceit.



Then I declared my sin to you;

my guilt I did not hide.

I said, "I confess my faults to the LORD,"

and you took away the guilt of my sin.

Selah Be glad in the LORD and rejoice, you just;

exult, all you upright of heart.




First Letter to the Corinthians 10:31-33.11:1.


So whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do everything for the glory of God. Avoid giving offense, whether to Jews or Greeks or the church of God, just as I try to please everyone in every way, not seeking my own benefit but that of the many, that they may be saved. Be imitators of me, as I am of Christ.





Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint Mark 1:40-45.


A leper came to him and kneeling down begged him and said, "If you wish, you can make me clean." Moved with pity, he stretched out his hand, touched him, and said to him, "I do will it. Be made clean." The leprosy left him immediately, and he was made clean. Then, warning him sternly, he dismissed him at once. Then he said to him, "See that you tell no one anything, but go, show yourself to the priest and offer for your cleansing what Moses prescribed; that will be proof for them."



The man went away and began to publicize the whole matter. He spread the report abroad so that it was impossible for Jesus to enter a town openly. He remained outside in deserted places, and people kept coming to him from everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment