Friday, February 10, 2012

My First Friday Experience

Last week I finally attended a First Friday mass. Truly an amazing experience for the adoration of the blessed sacrament along with the benediction. For me it was powerful and brought me to a level of inner peace I have not felt for a long time.
It was truly a unique experience at this parish as the mass was said in English, Polish and for good measure some Latin. It was unique because with the different cultures and languages involved we were all one together with the Lord. Truly wonderful and I was amazed by Father A who did the mass and was magnificent and made us all appreciate being there and spending this time with God.
This weekend we have a relic from our Lady of Guadeloupe visiting the parish and some special masses including one in Spanish which I might attend also.
As you know I attend two parishes one English (which is really English and Polish) and of course my beloved Hungarian parish.
We have been fortunate enough to lately have helped a lot at the Hungarian parish. It seems the war clouds have settled and Father has cleaned house so to speak and we have become a part of his team in helping in and around the parish where we help because we want to and it is in our heart and not help because we are looking for stature or monetary reward. This was Father's war with the old guard who thought the parish existed because of them instead of appreciating the fact that the parish existed for them, to pray and be close to God. Yes there has been like in any war casualties as the numbers on Sunday have dipped but we truly believe when people see the church is there for spiritual gain and not financial and personal gain many will start to wander back in. Until then I pray that the parish stays strong to move forward. For you all God Bless and take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment