Monday, October 12, 2009

Finally!

Yes it happened. finally! yesterday at the end of mass one of the ladies who thinks she runs the catholic church came and told everyone we have a new parish priest coming. Immigration and work permits were given in this past week and once these are ready he will be on his way.
We were told that he is young (only 33 years old) and is from the Franciscan order.
To me it was an answer for my prayers and those of us at the parish that wanted the parish to continue. For the others it seems like it will be a new priest to contort and control but hopefully not chase away but you never know. Of course they have already started to make decisions for him and me being me I chirped up and said maybe the new Father should make the decisions on how many Sunday masses he wants and at what time. Basically even this one mass on Sunday is a bit thin never mind splitting it back but hey who knows but I think it should be the parish priest deciding this.
Oh well let the games begin. I know I am itching to get involved somehow and will ask what I can do to help. The only thing is I have to make sure that I am getting involved to help and not just argue with the powers who be. I just know that would not be right of course if I see something wrong I will speak up. Hopefully this new parish priest can get some classes and get together to teach as I am starved for this and to learn more to love our lord more!

No comments:

Post a Comment