Saturday, October 17, 2009

Dazed and Confused

Well here I go again. Just to lay the ground work a bit generally everyday I read some blogs that I follow, the daily reading and some more in depth translation of the readings. This in an effort to better understand myself and my relationship with Jesus and our Lord. Truthfully some days get more confusing then others. As I have attempted to journey back into our faith I have found myself to be the largest obstacle to getting back. Why I don't know!
I look around at some blogs and they have given inspiration and hope as some are written by very devoted people who seem to have found their way or at least on the path and well on their way. There are the occasional ones who are on the path but like me question what is happening and where they should be on that path. There are some blogs which are just political rants under the guise of the church. These I found amusing but also disheartening at times as politics is a dangerous road at best to travel on but to support political views through religion somehow does not sit well with me. Maybe I am incorrect in this I don't know, you decide.
Last but not least there are those blogs where the blogger decides how the church needs to be saved and what should be done by the priests, bishops and the Holy Father.
Maybe I am having information overload from reading to much. Gaining only a little knowledge which is a very dangerous thing! Truthfully though I just want to know more about my faith and my place in that faith and how I can be closer to Jesus and God, that's it simple but yet profoundly difficult.
Certainly writing about it has helped but still at times I am some disheartened as I spin around in an abyss if you will. If you have any words of wisdom to help me please feel free to comment or even email me. I really need to come to grips here and some assistance would be welcomed.
Thanks and God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment