Friday, March 13, 2009

The Rosary

The Rosary was something foreign to me until recently. I will have to one day write about what lead me back to my faith. Of course in all honesty I am at times in awe of our faith other times confused by it and always trying to find my place in it. (If anyone can help me understand more please let me know)
As mentioned it was until recently that the Rosary was a totally foreign concept but lately I have started to pray the Rosary and have found the more I do it the more I seem to become comfortable with it and the more I start to understand parts of it and the more I am in awe of the power of it.
Really it is quite powerful and it is very full filling and at the same time humbling. During this time of Lent we have to get closer to our lord and what better way than with prayer and one of those I am using is the Rosary. I also prayer daily and of course read the Daily Readings.
I usually prayer the Rosary and still being a newbie to the Rosary I do admit I need help and truthfully at my age the memory is not quite the same. I go to this site which I have found quite helpful for praying the Rosary and it has a simple format for praying along,
The Catholic Calendar Page
I also can get the daily readings from here. I on top of that also read the daily readings in Hungarian. This helps me a lot in understanding the language more and also gives me more understanding into the Hungarian Catholic Church.
We are in Lent so here is an excerpt to remember for Fridays,
Fasting is restricting eating to one full meal and two lighter meals in the course of a single day, and prohibits eating between meals. Adults who have not yet reached their sixtieth year are bound by the Canon Law to fast. Pregnant women and people who are sick are not obligated to fast.
Abstinence is refraining from eating meat. People who have completed their fourteenth year are bound by the Canon Law to abstain.
Anyone who feels that they cannot fulfill the law of abstinence or the law of fasting should consult a parish priest or confessor.
Considering what Jesus sacrificed for us fasting one day a week is nothing in comparison.
Until next time God Bless and take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment