Thursday, December 6, 2012

A Prayer for Today


Grant to me, my Lord, that with peace of mind
I may face all that this new day is to bring.
Grant me grace to surrender myself completely
to your holy will.
For every hour of this day
instruct and prepare me in all things.
Whatsoever tidings I may receive during the day,
do You teach me to accept tranquilly,
in the firm conviction that
all eventualities fulfill Your holy will.
Govern my thoughts and feelings in all I do and say.
When things unforeseen occur,
let me not forget that all comes down from you.
Teach me to behave sincerely and reasonably
toward every member of my family,
that I may bring confusion and sorrow to none.
Bestow on me, my Lord,
strength to endure the fatigue of the day
and to bear my part in all its passing events.
Guide my will and teach me to pray, to believe,
to hope, to suffer, to forgive and to love. Amen

- The Elders of Optina Monastery

No comments:

Post a Comment