Sunday, March 18, 2012

A Prayer from St. Patrick

A day late but always in effect a lovely prayer from St. Patrick.

May the strength of God
guide me this day,
and may God's power preserve me.

May the wisdom of God instruct me:
the eye of God watch over me;
the ear of God hear me;
the word of God give sweetness to my speech;
the hand of God defend me;
and may I follow the way of God.

Christ be with me, Christ before me,
Christ be after me, Christ within me,
Christ beneath me, Christ above me,
Christ at my right hand, Christ at my left.
Christ where I lie, Christ where I sit, Christ where I rise.
Christ in the heart of everyone who thinks of me,
Christ in the mouth of everyone who speaks to me,
Christ in every eye that sees me,
Christ in every ear that hears me.
- St. Patrick

No comments:

Post a Comment