Sunday, September 5, 2010

Back Again

 Well things took a twist and I have just returned back. No there was no trip to the Martyrs Shrine or any dinner at my parish. Instead after making my last post on August 20 about 15 minutes later I received a phone call that knocked me on my backside and up until now it has been hard to recover.

 As mentioned the phone call after my August 20th post was from my cousin in Hungary informing me that my father had passed away in his car. My dad was over for a visit and I guess the system finally gave up. They found him in the hotel parking lot in his rental car passed away. From all reports from police to the medical examiner he died of natural causes. I immediately got an airplane that day and went to Hungary to take care of the remains and bring them back here to Canada.

 So needless to say the last 2 weeks have been hectic and very stressful to the point where I have not even had the time to properly mourn and take this all in. I was with the aid of my cousin and his friends to arrange for a nice mass for my dad and get our relatives together for a farewell in Hungary. That was wonderful and then my cousin and I went through the family pictures and built a nice tribute to my dad and his family, so far everyone who has seen it has had tears come to their eyes. It really is emotional to watch.

So that has been my life lately. Even here I was able to arrange for a full funeral mass and have to start preparing for that now. Talked with the priest at the local church where dad lived and we have set up the mass nicely. Well so much for me for now. If anybody has any suggestions with all this running around how I can mourn and take my loss in please let me know. Thanks and God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment