Sunday, February 21, 2010

First Week of Lent

So how was your first week of Lent? I guess I am batting about 500 so to speak. It was a rewarding week though in many ways. A couple of things that I decided to do during Lent have really paid off one immensely the second while I have been able to keep it up so far and the third item surprisingly was just going back to what I had been doing for a long time but let fall by the wayside thinking I can pick up anytime.
Really simple things and God just gave me a nice little reminder about how to do these things after praying about them our Lord showed me how the answers were in me through him and on Friday it hit me like a ton of bricks on the simplicity of the relationship that was involved. Yes a simple relationship my love for God and his love for me!
But wait I am not totally naive, out of the starting blocks starting fast, no I know the test will be the endurance and that is the test for all of us. Lent isn't about the 40 days in my estimation it is about shaping oneself in these 40 days for a better life and continuing on after the 40 days of Lent. Simple and wonderful!
Now off to mass which we will celebrate the First Sunday of Lent but also due to the fact that our parish does not have a full time parish Priest we also get the ashes today. Yes I should have gone Wednesday to my local parish but I just couldn't bring myself to go back to my former parish. I just can't handle what goes on there and how all of sudden people show up who never attend mass and those who do attend mass don't show up for this. Not sure if you follow but I am as I get deeper into my faith having a disdain for those who don't attend mass but expect to be considered good Catholics and "Faithful Catholics". I go every week and if I could I would go daily but I can't due to varying circumstances but no way do I even hold myself among the faithful.
No I have a long journey still ahead of me and I don't even know if I can ever find the true road and stay on it but I won't pretend either that by showing up every week that I am a " Faithful catholic"! Okay my rant for the week. Take care and God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment