Sunday, June 21, 2009

Hard Times

Well before the bad news a quick recap of last week.
The mass and procession went very well and smoothly. Even I had a week off as the other couple ran the presentation even though at the end of mass Father B said he preferred me as I know the mass better and can lead the parish better with the screen display. He was happy also with the overall proceedings and was happy that the parishioners are now getting comfortable with some of the older ways of the church.
Work though ended on a bad note and tomorrow it will be worse. Apparently the powers that be have decided to close the place down for at least a week to save money. Sales this year are zilch, over heads are still enormous so basically the place is bleeding money. Should be interesting meeting tomorrow as the boss tries to explain this especially when there have been no cutbacks from them in expenses and what they charge for themselves through the company. It will be interesting and you can bet there will be a lot of praying on my part to have the Lord control my temper and somehow guide me through this without losing my cool. I see the waste and complain and have been told to be quite as I do not know what I am talking about.
The worst out of this is that we are a small company and we have made sacrifices as employees numerous times and only ever had marginal rewards for our efforts while the bosses live high off the hog. First class business flights, when finishing early on a business trip instead of coming back staying and living it up on company money.
For me I am still trying to work this out as I am scheduled for vacation and have paid in part for our vacation. I can't afford to go but now I can't afford not to. College tuition is coming up again and we need our pay to get that in. Really tough for us employees while the boss sits on his 42' boat and lives it up.
So I will be saying many prayer today and tonight for help and guidance and so far God has helped me and I have to truly trust in him to guide me through. Any extra prayers from the readers on my behalf will also be welcomed.

No comments:

Post a Comment