Saturday, May 30, 2009

Take me out to the Ball Game!

I guess in today's hectic world we easily lose site of what is important and what is really meaningful. Such as our faith for one but also family.
Today I get to celebrate my family a little and really appreciate how lucky I am. Turning 50 in April my oldest son who does not live at home as he is on his own and works in the big city bought me 3 tickets to the Red Sox and Blue Jays game for today. Yes although being somewhat of a Jays fan ( who can forget the 2 World Series wins) but before the Jays I grew up watching the NBC Saturday afternoon games and fell in love with the Sox and my heart has been in Boston. It seems number 1 son remembered how the old man loves Big Pappi, Mike Lowell, Jason Varitek etc. So needless to say I am excited as it is the boys day out as my younger son joins us.
But through all the eager anticipation of the game I truly realize how blessed I am with my family and thank God for that.
Now "Play Ball"

No comments:

Post a Comment