Sunday, December 4, 2016

Prayers for this Morning

Lord, let your light burn brightly in my heart that I may know the joy and freedom of your kingdom. Fill me with your Holy Spirit and empower me to witness the truth of your Gospel and to point others to Jesus Christ.

 Lord Jesus, you know all things and you govern the world with love. I believe in you. You don’t rule with a heavy hand, but instead you guide us gently towards you. I trust in your mercy and I know you are leading me home to heaven day by day. You can only desire what is good for me. Thank you. You give me the courage to say I love you, though I know my love is so weak. I wish to make more room for you in my life, putting you above all else.

Lord, you chose to become like me in order to bring me closer to you. Help me to continue to grow in a prayerful spirit, and unite me with you so that at the end of my life I can enjoy your presence, not just under the veil of the Eucharist, but in person. Lord, help me to embrace a way of life which is in consonance with my drawing nearer to you each day. So many worries, so many needless matters, Lord, distract me from seeking a closer friendship with you. Help me to put things in their proper perspective and value what matters to you alone. Lord, reveal yourself to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment