Sunday, November 20, 2016

Christ the King Prayer

Blessed are they in whom Jesus will reign forever,
for they shall reign with him,
and of his kingdom there shall be no end.
Oh, how glorious is that kingdom where kings are gathered together
to give united praise and honor to the King of kings and Lord of lords,
in the contemplation of whose splendor
the just shall shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father.
Oh, that he may deign to come and save me
on the day when he delivers up his kingdom to his God and Father,
so that I may see the joy of his chosen ones
and rejoice in the gladness of his people.
Then I, too, shall be able to praise him
together with his inheritance.
And now, Lord Jesus,
come and remove the stumbling blocks
within the kingdom, which is my soul,
so that you who ought to may reign in it.
Jesus is my Lord.
I keep myself for him since I acknowledge his rights over me.
To me he is God, to me he is the Lord,
and I declare: I will have no king but the Lord Jesus!
Come then, Lord, reign in me,
for you are my king and my God.

No comments:

Post a Comment