Tuesday, December 1, 2015

This and That, Thanks and Prayers

Well it has been a bit of time since I wrote something here at my blog as it appears a lot is happening and time is at a premium. So the blog always hits the back burner.
 I am at home recovering from hip replacement and here I wish to thank Our Lord Jesus Christ as my prayers to him to help through this have been answered. I am down to the last bit and working on gaining strength back in my leg. Walking with cane and some without. Into physio to help me over the hump.
 It has been good though knowing Jesus has been beside me every step.
 Now my prayers are for my mother in law who is in stage 4 cancer and not doing well. I pray everyday that Our Lord show his mercy and come for her and also while she is still with us to be pain free and not suffering. I also pray that he keeps his hand on y wife and help her through this time as her mother is wasting away to cancer.
 It has been hard for her and she has taken a leave from work to be with her mom at the end as much as possible.
 On to my pat peeve and that is my current parish. I really like the parish priest and his homilies but the overall demeanor of the parish is hard to digest. This past Sunday was hard. I honestly thought I was in an arena at a sporting event. Only thing missing were some vendors selling drinks and snacks.
 The noise level before and after mass unreal. Also very bothersome is the amount of people who after communion leave and the amount of people leave right before the final blessing. Never mind the kids gone wild with screaming playing loudly with toys in the pews but the cell phones again has damaged me.
 It is a large parish but only a few regulars every week. New people every week seem to appear and then disappear.
 I like the homilies as mentioned and the amount of reading material available for formation and strengthening of faith but the noise, unreal.
 I have attended mass at another parish where it is a mixed parish between Polish and English. My only really criticism is that it appears at time to be more of a Polish parish. Such as when holidays come ( Christmas and Easter) it is one of the English masses which get eliminated.
 The priest is quite good and very friendly but at Easter the time is bad for stations of the cross and very few English parishioners attend due to this.
 The reverence though is much more pronounced and it is quiet before and after mass. It is an aging parish though with very little young people attending, so sad to say kind of dying out. But again there are a lot of rosaries before mass which the other parish does not have at all.
 So I am at a loss where to provide my full time devotion to. Kind of tired of bouncing back and forth.
 Now so their is no misunderstanding the mixed parish has the first Friday and Saturday mass delivered in not 2 languages but 3 as a lot of Latin is thrown in. It is beautiful to have the rosary and benediction done in English, polish and Latin. Just not sure what to do. If you have any input or ideas please let me know.
 Until the next entry please take care and God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment