Sunday, January 18, 2015

A Prayer for the Week

Found this prayer at Living With Christ website;


Weekly Prayer

Sunday, January 18, 2015

“Behold, the Lamb of God.” 
Today, Jesus, help me remember
that I have been baptized
into your life, death,
and resurrection.
Let me never stop pondering
what that means for me.

Help me remember
that your Spirit has
come down on me
like a dove from heaven
and remains on me forever.
Let me never stop pondering
what that means for me.

Help me to join
with your whole body today
and to be open to your Spirit
uniting and transforming us
into your very Body and Blood,
with which you feed us.
Help us truly to become
part of your heavenly liturgy.
And let me, Jesus,
never stop pondering
what this means for me.

Today, Jesus,
help me truly be your disciple.
Help me to love as you love.
Help me to stay true to you,
even when the world
tries to pull me
in a different way.
Help me live compassionately,
and to respond with kindness
when I feel insulted.
Help me to learn how to forgive
seventy times seven times.
And let me never stop pondering
what all this means for me.

Help me, Jesus, to do all this,
so that what John said of you,
he can also say me
as I share your life:
“Behold the Lamb of God.”
Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment