Thursday, December 27, 2012

New Happenings

As I have written earlier I have been having a real struggle with my faith lately. I have also been longing to get into some groups to help me with this. My current parish really has nothing. I renewed my faith through the RCIA and it give me a larger appetite but I am missing some sort of follow up to carry on. Year before I did Cursillo through the Hungarian parish we were attending at the time and again it left me with an appetite for more. The Ultreyas were on a monthly basis but not always regular and it was not close to the magical Cursillo weekend.
 The parish I used to go to long ago but moved from has 2 new priests and a lot going on and reading through their bulletin online they offer a lot of small groups to discuss the scriptures among other things and low and behold a Cursillo group that meets every Saturday morning.
 So I sent an email to the lady who runs the group explained that I did my Cursillo through my Hungarian parish and if I could join up and she responded yes so this Saturday at 7:45am I will be there.
 I also think that I will be "returning" to this parish as with all the various groups I should be able to fill in my needs. In fact went for Christmas morning mass there.
 I guess God real did listen in my prayers and has provided for me. Provided a way to learn more and to fill this large void within me.
 I left this parish because I found it too modern too non conforming at time and this frustrated me. In the end though these things do not matter. What matters is you absorb the readings and absorb the mass and the surroundings do not effect how you yourself take in the word of the Lord!
Thanks be to God! God Bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment