Sunday, October 14, 2012

A Reflection

While attending mass the second reading from today really struck a chord with me. Not sure why but once in awhile something peaks my curiosity and this time it was the second reading;

Reading 2 Hebrews 4: 12-13

Brothers and sisters: Indeed the word of God is living and effective, 
sharper than any two-edged sword, 
penetrating even between soul and spirit, joints and marrow, 
and able to discern reflections and thoughts of the heart. 
No creature is concealed from him, 
but everything is naked and exposed to the eyes of him 
to whom we must render an account.
 
 The second half especially got me the " No creature is concealed from him"  It had me thinking how simple of a line but how defining as truly God knows and sees everything we do and we must act accordingly as it is to him we must render account of our lives.
 Yes for whatever reason as I age my attention span gets to be less. I think one it is at times in me and not wanting to take time but many times I think it is what we have become. Requiring instant information and basically scanning only what we want to see and know and not taking the time to read the complete package to get a true in depth perspective. 
 Funny a short passage as the second reading today really knocks me for a loop and in a simple form we have our overall lives with God summed up in a couple of sentences.
 Have a blessed Sunday and week!

No comments:

Post a Comment