Sunday, July 8, 2012

Today's Second Reading

In Reading through the liturgy for today for some reason the second reading really struck me and grabbed my attention;


Reading 2 2 Cor 12:7-10


Brothers and sisters:
That I, Paul, might not become too elated,
because of the abundance of the revelations,
a thorn in the flesh was given to me, an angel of Satan,
to beat me, to keep me from being too elated.
Three times I begged the Lord about this, that it might leave me,
but he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you,
for power is made perfect in weakness."
I will rather boast most gladly of my weaknesses,
in order that the power of Christ may dwell with me.
Therefore, I am content with weaknesses, insults,
hardships, persecutions, and constraints,
for the sake of Christ;
for when I am weak, then I am strong.


 For when I am weak then I am strong. Those are the words that grabbed me how many of us try to live down to this basic simplicity in our daily lives. The hustle and bustle of our lives the "Keeping up with the Jones'" mentality. Even at work lying cheating trampling other people to climb the ladder corporately etc.
 But for a full life I think what we actually require is no more then being weak and allowing Christ into our lives as he is our strength and wealth. So easy sounding yet so hard to accomplish but one thinks that if you do try a bit everyday your life will turn for the better!

No comments:

Post a Comment