Saturday, December 31, 2011

A Prayer for Today

O Mother of mercy,
beg your divine Son
to have mercy on me.
Atone for my failings,
offering him on my behalf
all the love and glory you ever gave him,
to satisfy for my neglect
in loving and glorifying him.
Grant that I may share
in your surpassing love for him,
and in the fidelity of that great eternal love.
Pray for me,
that he may give me the grace to begin,
at least now, to love him perfectly,
and that all that shall take place
during this year, and all my life,
may be consecrated
to his glory and your honor.
O angels, and saints of Jesus Christ,
pray for me,
that our loving Savior
may give me new grace
and new love for him,
to devote this year and my whole life,
purely and solely to the service
of his glory and love.

-St. John Eudes

No comments:

Post a Comment