Sunday, October 23, 2011

Floating

As mentioned I have been contemplating switching parishes. Going from my ethnic Hungarian background and parish to a local parish.
I have been weighing the pros and cons of the situation and right now the local parish is winning out. First I love the mass time of 8:00am. Really has worked out great the last few weeks and even today as I have the whole day still ahead of me to work around my house, be with my family, be a couch potato and unwind. The 11:00am mass at the other parish plus the travel time and the helping out had us home around 1:00pm and we were either in a rush or just gave up and fell behind in our chores and cooking and never had time for each other and the family. I really liked it when we had the 9:00am mass but this has been canceled and so has the 10:00am mass which was still good.
As mentioned we had a 15-20 minute drive to the Hungarian parish. New parish 5 minutes can even walk on a nice day (or when my hip decides to heal up).
The largest influence having me lean to the new parish is that I have already enrolled in the RCIA class after talking with Father A. I have been lost many times at mass even though I did pick up Hungarian and learned to read Hungarian I still knew that I did not have the comprehension of the mass and the faith. Sadly though there was not much they could offer me. I wanted to learn what I had never learned about the faith and how it works and what my role there is etc. I did go through Cursillo but that is not a base but maybe a branch or at the very least a different type of foundation. As I mentioned to the office secretary at the new parish when enrolling even though I am a Catholic I know nothing.
My heart is still heavy about this and it might be a few weeks before I make a final decision and it is hard but is it selfish to ant to know and expand your knowledge in your faith so ultimately one can become closer to the Lord? I don't think so but I could be wrong.
Looking forward to RCIA class on Tuesday evening and going forward from there. Until later God Bless and take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment