Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Great Weekend!

So how was your weekend? For a change mine had some very bright spots. First off we had our monthly Cursillo meeting. I honestly have to tell you this is the best thing I have ever done in my life. It certainly rejuvenates me to face the harsh reality of the world I am in. It is like my batteries get recharged so I can keep going.
We had discussions and had to talk about our Cursillo retreat and how it has changed our lives and how we have been living since.
On Sunday our new parish priest brought back the early mass at 9 am. We went for this one and even though not many of us were there it was great to be home by 10:30 or so and have the rest of day. Mind you most of my weekends are spent doing work I bring home and it has been tiring. It seems no matter how much work you do it is never acknowledged or even appreciated and truthfully if not for the development of my faith I probably would have been out of a job by now. Mind you the way the boss rags on all of us it might be soon when I am unemployed.
Luckily though as mentioned my growing faith has given me strength to somehow get through work day by day. It truly is sad when one goes to work without any enthusiasm and in constant fear of being dumped on for no reason and being made the company scapegoat. I guess the one thing is that all of us at work are in this boat!
Oh well this Thursday if the good Lord is willing I will attend a weekly evening mass and Rosary at our parish. This is a nice change of direction and something I am looking forward to.
So how was your weekend? Mine was great because I was able to share with God and grow in my faith!
Take care and God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment