Friday, January 7, 2011

Friday Thoughts

Well the first week of the New Year almost gone! It has been a struggle to get back into the swing of things especially at work! Was able to make some convincing excuses not to go to the gym apparently I like my new girth on my waist!? But that will change. As for me very excited next week at this time I will be on my Cursillo weekend and really it is almost all I think about.
Tomorrow morning is the monthly Cursillo meeting and I am looking forward to that as well as since joining it really has accelerated my journey and I really love it!
To end the week I again offer up the first reading for taday from John. Read through absorb and live the words it really does illuminate your life!


First Reading
1 John 5:5-13
Beloved: Who indeed is the victor over the world but the one who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?

This is the one who came through water and Blood, Jesus Christ, not by water alone, but by water and Blood. The Spirit is the one who testifies, and the Spirit is truth. So there are three who testify, the Spirit, the water, and the Blood, and the three are of one accord.

If we accept human testimony, the testimony of God is surely greater. Now the testimony of God is this, that he has testified on behalf of his Son. Whoever believes in the Son of God has this testimony within himself. Whoever does not believe God has made him a liar by not believing the testimony God has given about his Son.

And this is the testimony: God gave us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. Whoever possesses the Son has life; whoever does not possess the Son of God does not have life.

I write these things to you so that you may know that you have eternal life, you who believe in the name of the Son of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment