Friday, August 20, 2010

We're Off!


 Well tomorrow I take a big step forward and all I can say it is about time. Hopefully this day becomes the door for me to open for greater spirituality and understanding of our faith and where I am in it.

 Through the Hungarian Church in Toronto there is pilgrimage to the Martyr's Shrine in Midland Ontario. There is a Hungarian memorial area there where we will have mass and we will also pray the Rosary and also pray the Stations of The Cross,

 Father S from the Toronto Parish has indicated that there will be prayers and other spiritual development on the 2 hour bus journey from Toronto and back. It will be a long but extremely rewarding day and I am like a little kid waiting for Christmas!

 The trip will also let me finally decide if we will leave our parish in Hamilton and join the Toronto parish permanently. A little more travel but more parish life and Father S from what I have seen has done a lot for spiritual strengthening and renewal and teaching. Something we have not had nor will have in Hamilton. Mind you when we get back Saturday night I will have to prepare the mass power point presentation for the Feast of  St. Istvan (Stephen) of Hungary and then Sunday we will have the big feast celebrations after the mass. 

 So as you can see I do have not only a lot to learn but also decisions ahead of me for my spiritual future. I am so lacking in this and it is starting to really get me down as I want to grow in my faith and that is the other reason I am drawn to the Toronto parish. Back to the original reason here the picture at the top of the page is of the church at the Martyr's Shrine and here is the link also

 The Martyr's Shrine.

 Please visit the site and when you travel in or to Ontario try to incorporate this into your travels. Finally yes I will provide an update and fill everyone in as to how the trip turned out. As always take care and God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment