Sunday, April 11, 2010

Sunday Reading

First Reading - Acts 5:12-16

12 And through the hands of the Apostles many signs and wonders were accomplished among the people. And they all met with one accord at Solomon’s portico.
13 And among the others, no one dared to join himself to them. But the people magnified them.
14 Now the multitude of men and women who believed in the Lord was ever increasing,
15 so much so that they laid the infirm in the streets, placing them on beds and stretchers, so that, as Peter arrived, at least his shadow might fall upon any one of them, and they would be freed from their infirmities.
16 But a multitude also hurried to Jerusalem from the neighboring cities, carrying the sick and those troubled by unclean spirits, who were all healed.

Psalm - Ps 118:2-4,13-15,22-24

R. Give thanks to the Lord for he is good, his love is everlasting.
2. Let Israel now say: For he is good, for his mercy is forever.
3. Let the house of Aaron now say: For his mercy is forever.
4. Let those who fear the Lord now say: For his mercy is forever.
R. Give thanks to the Lord for he is good, his love is everlasting.
13. Having been pushed, I was overturned so as to fall. But the Lord took me up.
14. The Lord is my strength and my praise. And he has become my salvation.
15. A voice of exultation and salvation is in the tabernacles of the just.
R. Give thanks to the Lord for he is good, his love is everlasting.
22. The stone which the builders have rejected, this has become the head of the corner.
23. By the Lord has this been done, and it is a wonder before our eyes.
24. This is the day that the Lord has made. Let us exult and rejoice in it.
R. Give thanks to the Lord for he is good, his love is everlasting.

Second Reading - Rev 1:9-11a, 12-13, 17-19

9 I, John, your brother, and a sharer in the tribulation and in the kingdom and in patient endurance for Christ Jesus, was on the island which is called Patmos, because of the Word of God and the testimony to Jesus.
10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord’s day, and I heard behind me a great voice, like that of a trumpet,
11a saying,
12 And I turned around, so as to see the voice which was speaking with me. And having turned around, I saw seven golden lampstands.
13 And in the midst of the seven golden lampstands was one resembling the Son of man, clothed to the feet with a vestment, and wrapped to the breast with a wide belt of gold.
17 And when I had seen him, I fell at his feet, like one who is dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying: “Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last.
18 And I am alive, though I was dead. And, behold, I live forever and ever. And I hold the keys of death and of Hell.
19 Therefore, write the things which you have seen, and which are, and which must occur afterward:

Gospel - Jn 20:19-31

19. Then, when it was late on the same day, on the first of the Sabbaths, and the doors were closed where the disciples were gathered, for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood in their midst, and he said to them: “Peace to you.”
20. And when he had said this, he showed them his hands and side. And the disciples were gladdened when they saw the Lord.
21. Therefore, he said to them again: “Peace to you. As the Father has sent me, so I send you.”
22. When he had said this, he breathed on them. And he said to them: “Receive the Holy Spirit.
23. Those whose sins you shall forgive, they are forgiven them, and those whose sins you shall retain, they are retained.”
24. Now Thomas, one of the twelve, who is called the Twin, was not with them when Jesus arrived.
25. Therefore, the other disciples said to him, “We have seen the Lord.” But he said to them, “Unless I will see in his hands the mark of the nails and place my finger into the place of the nails, and place my hand into his side, I will not believe.”
26. And after eight days, again his disciples were within, and Thomas was with them. Jesus arrived, though the doors had been closed, and he stood in their midst and said, “Peace to you.”
27. Next, he said to Thomas: “Look at my hands, and place your finger here; and bring your hand close, and place it at my side. And do not choose to be unbelieving, but faithful.”
28. Thomas responded and said to him, “My Lord and my God.”
29. Jesus said to him: “You have seen me, Thomas, so you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”
30. Jesus also accomplished many other signs in the sight of his disciples. These have not been written in this book.
31. But these things have been written, so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and so that, in believing, you may have life in his name.

No comments:

Post a Comment