Saturday, December 12, 2009

Silence Broken

Good Day Everyone!

 Again it has been a few weeks since I last had an entry. I guess my life is so dull even I can't justify writing about it but today I will break the silence. Yes I will fill you in with some on going mundane happenings and thoughts.

 Well back at the parish we are no closer to have a parish priest than I am in becoming one! Maybe I should apply? We have now been told instead of getting a new parish priest last month that it could be up to a year before we see one! Thank god for Father Andrew who has come in for the faithful and at 80 years of age appears to be getting younger. We have also been informed the Hungarian Bishop for Hungarians outside of Hungary that his Canada Assistant might be coming out for the Christmas Masses but again it is not confirmed. Is my view correct that this parish will not get a priest? I pray and hope that we do as I love my small parish. It not only gives a direct connection with our Lord but also with a rich cultural history. Since I have turned my outlook around and tried to learn about and come back to my faith my biggest regret in life has been all the years I threw away and wasted not going and learning about the church or my cultural heritage and this will be my regret to the grave. On the first regret I can only hope that the Lord forgives me and on the second about my culture again all I can hope is that on my day of judgment that the Lord takes pity on me. It would be ironic though as I attempt to return to my faith  and cultural roots the parish closes!!!

 Is it just me or are you also fed up with the crap in the news. Do we really need to know about Tiger's infidelity? I am so sick of media and reporting of news. I guess this diverts the our attention about homelessness and poverty here at home especially at this time of year and after the economic mess our leaders have thrown us into. Yes I can see Tiger's problems helping the poor and homeless, NOT! Sometimes the world around us well not sometimes it looks like all the time now is out of control.  Thankfully I have in the last few years found enough sense in my head to start looking at church writings and reading the daily readings. I guess you can say it is my daily anchor to the real reality and not the media created reality around us.

 Talking about anchors I seem to keep trying at times to outrun mine but at least now I get pulled back. Today I found a great Rosary sight and for a newbie to this aspect I found it very helpful. Yes it can be considered The Holy rosary for dummies as you click along and recite the Rosary but to me it is great aid in teaching me the Rosary. Check it out and if you are like me you will enjoy the back ground choir. Here is the link and I will also put it into my Links on the sidebar.

Pray The Rosary Online:

 Well that is all for now. Please take care and God Bless!!!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment