Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas Time

Well another Christmas has come and gone and as always it was beautiful. We started Christmas Eve exchanging gifts and even though the kids are really young adults they were still giddy and excited. Though this year they were more excited about the gifts that they bought us! Really a nice emotion in them to observe.
After that my wife and daughter and myself went to Midnight Mass which again was beautiful as our wonderful 80 year old interim priest Father E did a wonderful job. This man just loves spreading the word and he really has been a true servant of god through his years!
Yes things went by very nicely. I guess the only thing that really started to bother me was the total lack of the recognition of Christ in Christmas. Every place Happy Holidays or Enjoy the Festive Season was around. Makes one wonder what is wrong in the world these days.
It is funny as one of the parishioners told me just before Christmas. When he goes shopping and they wish him Happy Holidays he says I am not going on vacation! I am getting ready for Christmas the birth of Jesus!
Take Care and God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment