Sunday, November 22, 2009

Yadda Yadda.

Hope everyone is doing well. Today at my parish it is the feast of St. Elizabeth of Hungary. Unfortunately we have to pass on the lunch as things are hectic at home. To date we still have no new Parish Priest all we know is he is coming and those in charge of the parish keep telling us there is all kinds of paperwork etc that is holding this up. Me thinks the poor guy figured out where he was coming and now does not want to come here. Although I pray every week that he does.
Today we will be meeting with a parishioner who will be helping us as he will do the video of my daughter's audition to the National Dance School of Hungary. I know it will be a long shot for her to make it but I think the whole experience as she has been working on this since September will help her even if she is unsuccessful, but this is another thing on my prayer list.
Today though I will be saying a special prayer for a young man who played soccer for me when I coached youth soccer. I had him for 3 seasons and have become good friends with his parents and my son and him are best friends. The young man is in hospital after collapsing due to shortness of breath. It seems he has some heart problems and they have him in for a barrage of tests. It was strange to hear this as he is only 19. Plus I never questioned his heart as he always played hard and gave it his all and never quit and was a quick learner. In fact he ended up coaching his high school team one season! I certainly will pray to the lord for his health and to get well again.
The irony in this is that 3 years ago my whole life changed, this is the time my journey to the hospital started with the collapsed lung for unknown reasons. Then my heart going bonkers which landed me in ICU all in all I was in for a good 2 weeks with a 5 day break at home in between. Since then my life has changed and I have lost 30lbs, quit smoking learned to eat better and have started to deal with diabetes setting in. But with this all said the hardest thing but best that I have ever done is start my journey back into my faith. Step by step with a long way to go.
Everyday I thank God for allowing me to be healthy enough to be around but also for allowing me back to be close to him and for him to guide me along this road.
Well that is it for now. Take care and God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment