Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Tardy

Yes I have been tardy. It seems in the last few days my time has been consumed with a lot of this and that and the other and I have not had time to post a proper entry.
This past weekend we had a special treat and visitors. Father B was able to arrange for the Bishop of Hungarian Churches abroad to come and say mass and also perform a Confirmation celebration for some of the younger members of our parish and some adults also.
My hats off to Father B as everything came together nicely and he came off looking good. Also important to note was the attendance of the Bishop of our Diocese who was impressed by how the Hungarian peoples stay and hold together.
The church was decorated beautifully and of course for the special occasion everyone showed up and the place was packed. I only wish it was like that every week what a vibrant parish it would truly be but alas that is not the case.
The only real bad news and I have to pry and investigate is that father B might be leaving. The Hungarian Bishop gives the decision to where Hungarian priests are sent and after 17 years of being in Canada it appears Father B might be going home. Now I am happy for Father B if this was to occur but also sad for selfish reasons. Father B has taken me in if you will, he has used my help for what he needs and has shielded me from the political crap that occurs in all parishes and he has been a good friend. I guess in the end what is best for him is the most important. Maybe if there will be a new priest I can get acquainted with him and be able to help him. We will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment