Sunday, April 13, 2014

Daily Prayer

Sunday, April 13, 2014
Are you the king of the Jews?

Lord Jesus,
so often the gospel writers
invite me to think about
who you are.
Who is Jesus? they ask me.
Who is he who
defeats Satan in the desert?
Who is he who
speaks with such authority?
Who is he who heals the sick,
brings the dead to life,
and calms winds and waves
with only a word?
And who is he who is put to death?
Way back at Caesarea Philippi,
you turned to me and said
“And you…Who do you say that I am?”
Now the time has come again
for me to give my answer.

Lord Jesus, give me your Spirit
this week so that I may follow
you on your journey
through death to life
in a way that will
make a difference in my life.
Help me to see ever
more clearly who you are.
Help me to feel your love--
a love so deep that you
accepted death that we might live.
A love strong enough
to invite me to live
in that love, so that dying to
myself, I might rise in you.

Help me, Jesus, today, this week,
and all the days of my life,
to know who you truly are,
to grow ever closer to you
and to join my life to yours.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment