Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Daily Prayer

I proclaim to you good news of great joy….

Lord Jesus,
when I go to Mass today,
I’ll see some new faces.
O Lord, help me be welcoming!

I’ll see people who look more stressed than joyful.
O Lord, help me to be understanding!

There may be more noisy children there than usual.
O Lord, help me to be patient.

If the homily isn’t up to my standards,
O Lord, help me to realize
that someone else may be touched to their core by it.

There will be some people there
deep in grief and loss.
O Lord, help me sing the song of joy for them,
knowing that someday they will sing it for me.

There will be some people standing by choice in the back.
O Lord, help me to smile warmly
but not scare them away.

Help me, O Lord, to look around the church assembly
at all the faces reflecting your presence.
Help me to see you born anew in all of them.

Help me, Lord, to meet you in this assembly,
in the presider, in the word proclaimed,
and most of all in the Eucharist.

Help me today, O Lord, to be with you and in you,
so that, through you,
I may be a better sign to all I meet
of your good news of great joy!
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment