Thursday, August 2, 2012

ASSORTMENT OF PRAYERS I AM HAPPY TO SHARE WITH YOU

This is from a Holy Wounds leaflet - Sr. M. Martha Chambon -
Visitation of Chambery, France - 1907


PRAYER TO DEFEAT THE WORK OF SATAN


O Divine Eternal Father, in union with your Divine Son and the
Holy Spirit, and through the Immaculate Heart of Mary, I beg You
to destroy the power of your greatest enemy - the evil spirits.

Cast them into the deepest recesses of hell and chain them there
forever! Take possession of Your Kingdom which You have created
and which is rightfully Yours.

Heavenly Father, give us the reign of the Sacred Heart of Jesus
and the Immaculate Heart of Mary.

I repeat this prayer out of pure love for You with every beat of
my heart and with every breath I take. Amen.


Imprimatur, March 1073, + Richard H. Ackerman, Bishop of
Covington.


A PRAYER OF THE FIVE SACRED WOUNDS


I kiss the Wounds of Thy Sacred Head with sorrow deep and true
May every thought I think today be an act of love for You.

I kiss the Wounds of Thy Sacred Feet with sorrow deep and true
May every step I take today be an act of love for You.

I kiss the Wounds of Thy Sacred Hands with sorrow deep and true
May every touch of my hands today be an act of love for You.

I kiss the Wounds of Thy Sacred Lips with sorrow deep and true
May every word I speak today be an act of love for You.

I kiss the Wounds of Thy Sacred Side with sorrow deep and true
May every beat of my heart today be an act of love for You.



AN ACT OF CONTRITION


Forgive me my sins, O Lord, forgive me my sins; the sins of my
youth, the sins of my age, the sins of my soul, the sins of my
body; my idle sins, my serious voluntary sins, the sins I know,
the sins I do not know; the sins I have concealed so long, and
which are now hidden from my memory.

I am truly sorry for every sin, mortal and venial, for all the
sins of my childhood up to the present hour.

I know my sins have wounded Thy tender Heart, O my Savior, let me
be freed from the bonds of evil through the most bitter Passion
of my Redeemer. Amen.

O my Jesus, forget and forgive what I have been. Amen.

This is another prayer I think quite a few may know, but I would
like to put it on again. Thanks -


A PRAYER FOR DAILY NEGLECTS


Eternal Father, I offer Thee the Sacred Heart of Jesus, with all
Its love, all Its sufferings and all Its merits.

First - To expiate all the sins I have committed this day and
during all my life.


Glory be to the Father and to the Son and the Holy Ghost as it
was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without
end, Amen.


Second - To purify the good I have done badly this day and during
all my life. {Glory be to the Father...}


Third - To minister for the good I ought to have done, and that I
have neglected this day and during all my life.
{Glory be to the Father...}


A poor Clare nun who had just died, appeared to her Abbess, who
was praying for her, and said to her, ' I went straight to
Heaven, for, by means of this prayer, recited every evening, I
paid all my debts.'



PRAYER OF GRACE


O my God and my All, in Thy goodness and mercy, grant that before
I die I may regain all the graces which I have lost through My
carelessness and folly.

Permit me to attain that degree of merit and perfection to which
Thou dost desire to lead me, and which I have failed by my
unfaithfulness to reach.

Mercifully grant also that others regain the graces which they
lost through my fault.

This I humbly beg through the merits of the Sacred Hearts of
Jesus and the Immaculate Virgin Mary. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment