Tuesday, August 14, 2012

A Prayer for Today

Most high, all-powerful, all-good Lord,
all praise is yours, all glory,
all honor and all blessings.
To you alone, most High, do they belong,
and no mortal lips are worthy
to pronounce your name.
Praised be you my Lord with all your creatures,
especially Sir Brother Sun,
who is the day through whom you give us light.
And he is beautiful and radiant with great splendor,
Of you most High, he bears the likeness.
Praised be you, my Lord,
through Sister Moon and the stars,
In the heavens you have made them
bright, precious and fair.
Praised be you, my Lord,
through Brothers Wind and Air,
And fair and stormy, all weather's moods,
by which you cherish all that you have made.
Praised be you my Lord through Sister Water,
So useful, humble, precious and pure.
Praised be you my Lord through Brother Fire,
through whom you light the night
and he is beautiful and playful and robust and strong.
- St. Francis of Assisi

No comments:

Post a Comment