Saturday, April 16, 2011

Taking Stock

The other morning I was just aimlessly spending time on the Internet when I realized how meaningless a lot of my time online really was. So I took a step and deleted my facebook account.
I found myself accepting people as friends I have never met and a lot of who were out for numbers only. Everyday checking for updates etc. but not getting anything out of it. I felt like a zombie at time so I took it out. No more facebook at least for now but probably forever. I would rather make friends with real people and converse with real people/
I also found out that in a battle for the last 20 years against kidney stones I have finally been defeated. This last episode of stones which escalated 4 weeks ago has won. This Wednesday in for the laser surgery as the doctor's found a 1cm+ stone. Too big to pass so they have to go in and blast it to bits. Apparently for precautionary reasons a shunt will be placed temporarily for about 1 week so yes lots of fun.
A little extra prayer tomorrow at mass and afterwards we have a church luncheon which is always nice gathering and I for one am looking forward to it.
So this has been me taking stock. I am not sure what is wrong with me but recently things irritate me and I find myself questioning more what is around me and what do I really need from life and what really satisfies me.

No comments:

Post a Comment