Sunday, October 24, 2010

1 Week To Go!

 Well only a week to go. Yes one week and we will have new parish priest at our little church. Only took a year and a half but finally it will happen. 

 Lot of hopes here especially from me (Am I being selfish?) I hope he will be good and get some religious educational groups going, get some pilgrimages going, get along with the parish, the parish gets along with him, he likes the power point slides I prep every week for mass and hope he is here for a long time!

 I am still not totally convinced like my wife is that there is a self serving group in place at the parish. The way I see it at least on the surface is that there is a small group who try to do a lot of things and most of the time the various groups do not express their wants, needs and what they will be doing with other groups and then it ends up looking like self interest is being served. To me a little organization and communications and better planning would help. The thing that does not me allow to buy into self serving groups is this, the Parish had to pull together through tough times (no parish priest) for a year and a half and keep the bishop happy that things were indeed going well and that yes indeed a priest will be on his way and there is no way self serving groups could have pulled this off!

 So my two cents on that, next Saturday the Harvest Ball at the church hall and then Sunday a new parish priest. Thank the Lord take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment