Sunday, August 16, 2009

The Week that was and will be,

Well after the full hearted effort I have offered to put forth at my parish I found much to my dismay that there truly is a small group there who think they are the church and above everyone else.
This week I have not prepared any slides for the projection as there was no one to send down the required hymns to me. There is also a gentlemen who thinks he runs the place who was offended that I had an error on one of the hymns. I had forgotten to check that the letters had correct accents above them (Hungarian is one of those European languages with lots of letters with accents to define pronunciation). He did complain. Instead of thanking me for the effort and waiting to hear that I do not really have any kind of Hungarian program it has been very rudimentary and difficult for me to write certain passages. I did download a program which does help but it does not recognize every word and I even had my poor wife spell check and check for accents and all we got was this so called parish leader complaining about it.
We also offered to help with clean up and getting the church ready for mass but were told we will be called and have still not been as clean up etc was yesterday.
We will go today to mass and see where we stand. I think I worry too much but I definitely do not like the vibes in the air at the parish. I am truly afraid that the inmates will take over the asylum. These are also the same people who have rejoiced that Father B was gone and were almost ready to party about it.
Strange bunch but we have options. Drive another 1/2 hour longer to the Hungarian Church in Toronto or go back to the one parish here in town who seems to care about some form of what mass should be and the parishioners also respect the mass and dress accordingly etc.
I will keep you posted. Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment